The Nokia N96 was just released a while ago and there’s already a firmware upgrade!
The new V11.018 seems to be able to fix a lot of the known bugs.
Changelog from Symbian-freak
Fixed issues in this SW releases
* DM settings aren’t generated automatically, when Email settings are defined in variant
* Audio: Phone resets when plugging-unplugging headset for several times during music playback
* Video call: White or black screen flashes when power saver time-out expires during an active video call
* 3D Ringing tone is too low, almost nothing cannot be heard during MT voice call
* Illumination with Voice call: During an active voice call, power saver displays when power saver time-out expires and then phone goes to sleep mode while the call is still ongoing
* Image Quality improvements
System stability and performance improvements
* Device slows down when large numbers of pictures are transferred to the device
* Slow to open the Reply screen for an SMS
* ViewServ12 crashes under high CPU load
* Phone jams or resets when taking photo during low power audio playback
* Phone freezes after a new SMS is received during Visual Radio playback
* Other error fixes related to general system stability improvements
Known issue in this release:
1.1.1 Real Player and Streaming
* H264 playback crashes when start to play H.264 live streaming link
* treaming of live content may cause phone to freeze
* RTSP link truncation problem. Cut off URL parameter in RTSP streaming link
1.1.2 Video Call
* Phone freezes when selecting “Mute” and “Unmute” several times during video call
* Video call: video rendering quality is somewhat pixilated
* Subscription with error message “Temporary failure. Try to purchase again. -15”
* OTC – N96 SW 10.007 DVBH: Auto reload – successfully get subscription. But cannot watch. Lock key icon is still shown.
* OTC – First time subscription must be seamless to the end user by pressing just one key.