I laughed when I saw the change log…. ok anyway, yes, Nokia N79 has received its first firmware update(v11.049) and seems like it fixes each and every app and features in the phone itself!
Seriously, with the list of fixes as long as this current one, it’s surprising to say that I haven’t encountered anyone who complained about the N79 before this… or I don’t have any friends who own the N79. hmm
Here’s a part of the changelog.
– New version of N-Gage
– New version of Mail for Exchange
– Search & WLAN information difficult to read in Active Idle.
– Active Idle screen becomes blank in landscape mode.
– Default Active Idle shortcuts configured.
– Active Idle going dead after quickly accepting and rejecting an incoming video call.
– White boxes shown on the screen while doing orientation change quickly in idle mode.
– The sis file which is installed to MoviNand or SD card cannot be seen in application manager.
– Wrong Feature Manager flag used for seamless link functionality.
– Flashlite sis installation is not successful in the first attempt.
– Unable to upgrade graphic icons in Media Player / Media Settings via sis file.
– Unable to upgrade ROM based UI application by installing new version to memory card.
– Application Update self-update never completes.
– Upgrade of BrowserAudioVideoPlugin.rsc via sw installation is not possible.
– Upgrade of Connection Manager via sw installation is not possible.
– Tunings improvements for IHF audio.
– Keypad tones cannot be tuned for IHF.
– UI Accelerator toolkit (Hitchcock/Alfred) stub file missing.
– Locking keys and then opening camera reveal confuses orientation sensor.
– Disable orientation in alarm ringing, incoming call and semi active state.
– Panic after orientation change.
– Bluetooth headset disconnects when Wireless Keyboard is disconnected from the phone automatically.
– Phone panics when changing views in Bluetooth menu while choosing the last connected device from paired view.
– Phone crashes and doesn’t disconnect correctly in audio gateway.
– BT stereo audio drops when using certain accessories.
– Pre-defined browser bookmarks missing from APAC2 variant.
– Added empty folder in Americas bookmarks to make embedded bookmarks work.
– Bookmark shortcuts revert to prior setting following backup.
Browser and Streaming
– After selecting a link in Expedia website, a panic occurred and “Application closed: !CookieServer” is shown.
– Device crashes upon receiving a big cookie in an HTTP response.
– Hotspot Browser Login UI not scalable.
– Browser launch in embedded mode with custom access point setting does not work.
– Reconnecting to streaming content doesn’t work and default connection is changed to “Always ask” after trying to connect again.
– Note “MediaPlayerTemp has not been saved. Save now” displays when user exits preview in BrowserNG.
– 30s timer for out-of-coverage monitoring in the browser utilities is too short
– ITU keypad lights stays off when browsing in landscape mode.
– Helix crash or general “memory full” issue occurred when streaming a high resolution clip (704×576) and high bit rate (3Mbip/s).
– PP bit #165 flag should be off.
…. AND A LOT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! click here to view full change log.
Now go check out the Nokia Software Updater to get your new firmware. Click here for a guide to upgrade your phone firmware.