I helped my mum to get herself a 5800 2 days ago and she let me use it for a few days to test and to help her set up the phone (so that she doesnt need to go thru the hassle)
Well after 2 days of using the 5800 XPM, I have to say that I love and hate it at the same time.
– The high resolution screen: It’s one of the best screens I’ve seen so far for video playback and I have been watching my movies and podcasts with it whenever I have the time.
– The haptic feedback: The little vibration never fails. I feel it everytime I press a key on the screen… now touching the buttons or typing on the keyboard does not feel like touching dead glass anymore.
– The keyguard switch: I just love to lock and unlock the phone now as the switch is placed at the spot where my thumb is and it’s super convenient unlike my N96, the keylock switch is at the top of the phone.
– The media bar: It’s the shortcut to all my media! Photos, videos, music, web, share online… Thanks Nokia for adding this feature.. hehe.
– Video recording: I have never seen a DVD-like video recording as grainy/noisy as this one! Seriously.. The videos will only look good if they are recorded under bright sunlight.. and bright sunlight only…. anything other than that you will notice graininiess in the video.
– Mark several: Do you know that in order to mark several photos/contacts in the gallery you have to go thru this? > (options > mark/mark all > mark > click on a photo > go back to options > mark/mark all > mark > click on another photo… ok I think you know what I mean by now)
More soon! 😀