The most recent update to the Nike+ GPS iPhone app lets you TAG your friends which indirectly encouraging users to run more.
Once you launch the updated app, you will see the”Play Nike+ Tag” option on the main screen. Tapping on it will lead you to the brief introduction of how the game works. Basically you tag your friends and whoever clocks in the lest mileage/run will be “IT”.
You can then see all current games and there’s also a section in the apps for all participating friends to trash talk.
According to the app description on the AppStore:
– Download it on the go and start running anywhere. With this app in hand, you can track every indoor and outdoor workout easily, without a sensor.
– Record your pace, distance and run route using the iPhone’s GPS and accelerometer technology so you can see your progress over time and push yourself to go even further.
– Celebrate your best runs with fun, motivational messages from Nike’s top athletes.
– Get voice feedback during your run on how you’re doing, or tap the map to see where you are.
– Quickly send each run to Nikeplus.com where you can brag to friends, join challenges, set goals and connect with the rest of the Nike+ community.
– Activate personalized PowerSongs to help you blast past your goals and records.
– Broadcast your accomplishments to the world via Facebook and Twitter.
– Let your Facebook friends know you’re going for a run and hear mid-run encouragement each time one of them likes or comments on your status.
– Keep a record of your best runs and see if you’ve got what it takes to break them.
– Release 2.2 features now available with localized app language support in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
What’s New In This Version:
– Nike+ Tag: Just like when you played as a kid, your goal is to escape being tagged IT by outrunning your friends.
– New bug fix should address crashing issue that occurs while setting up a run session.
– Other minor bug fixes and enhancements.