Google has just revamped their ‘Google Mobile’ app for the iPhone and named this new version ‘Google Search’. All the functionality from the previous version remain but is now wrapped in a new UI, easily accessible for everyone and built on top of iOS 4′s multitasking and fast app switching capabilities.
What’s New In This Version:
● New user interface with improved fast app-switching support
● Swipe right to make your search more specific
● Swipe down to access settings and log in to Google
● Updated help screen
● Certain corners rounded
● Goggles support for iPod touch and iPhone 3G
● Bug fixes
3 major ways to search: Text search, Google Voice, and Google Goggles.
* Search by taking a picture with your iPhone camera.
* Image recognition technology recognizes objects and returns relevant search results.
* Good at identifying barcodes, products, famous landmarks, storefronts, artwork, business cards and print ads.
* New! Translates text in 6 languages and solves Sudoku puzzles.
* Search by speaking into your iPhone.
* Just bring the phone to your ear, wait for the tone and speak your query.
* Supports American, British, Indian, Australian or South African English accents, Afrikaans, Cantonese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Simplified and Traditional), Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Zulu.
* Google Suggest: get search suggestions as you type, saving you keystrokes.
* URL suggestions: navigate to popular web sites quickly by tapping site web address suggestions.
* Search history: instant access to your previous searches.
* Contact search: quickly find contacts in your address book.
* Easy access to other Google products: launch products like Maps, Gmail and Voice from the Apps tab.
Check out this demo video below