The new Twitter for Blackberry app v 1.1 will bring more than just geotag and push notifications. According to Blackberry, the new version will bring:
– Geotagged Tweets: Twitter started giving users the option to add their locations to tweets in March. Now they can also do so from their BlackBerrys. After a user enables the setting, it’s easy to switch location sharing on and off, with an icon in the top menu bar. Followers viewing geotagged tweets on BlackBerry can see a tweet’s location on a map by clicking an icon that appears in the bottom right corner.
– Push Notifications: Twitter for iPhone got push notifications for @mentions in November. Now BlackBerry users can have them, too. Users can choose to receive notifications when they’re mentioned or only when their followers mention them.
– #Topic Autocomplete: When users start to type a hashtag term, BlackBerry for Twitter will now help finish it previously used hashtags.
– Chat-Style Messages: Direct Messages have been renamed “Messages” to match Twitter’s new desktop app. They’re displayed in a chat-style format, which means users will be able to see an entire conversation under the message tab. The previous version only showed messages received.
– New Language Support: Users who tweet in Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Polish, Czech, or Thai, can now do so on their BlackBerry.
v1.1 will be made available either today or tomorrow. Grab it yo!