Research In Motion (RIM) just unveiled two new BlackBerry® Bold™ smartphones.
The BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones feature a stunning and iconic design that integrates an incredibly easy-to-use BlackBerry keyboard with a brilliant, high resolution, capacitive touch screen. These exceptional smartphones are built on a new, performance-driven platform powered by the BlackBerry® 7 operating system and designed to deliver the ultimate in communications, multimedia and productivity for users around the world.
According to Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO, Research In Motion:
“The new BlackBerry Bold smartphones and BlackBerry 7 OS are inspired by millions of customers around the world who want the ultimate combination of performance, functionality and style. These fully-loaded and beautifully crafted smartphones offer a highly refined user experience with blazingly fast performance, a brilliant touch screen and an outstanding typing experience.”
BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 Specifications
– 115 x 66 x 10.5 mm, approximately 130 g
– 2.8″ capacitive touch screen display – VGA (640×480), 287 dpi resolution
– Ultra-easy QWERTY keyboard, optical trackpad
– 1.2 GHz Processor, 768 MB RAM
– 8 GB on-board memory, plus microSD slot supporting up to 32 GB cards
– NFC technology
– 5.0 MP camera, supports 720p HD video recording
– Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), Digital Compass (Magnetometer), Proximity Sensor
– Built-in GPS / aGPS
– Dual-Band Wi-Fi® – 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 802.11 a/n at 5 GHz
– Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support
– 1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery
– BlackBerry 7 OS
Here’s a hands on video by Engadget.
Price and availability in Malaysia is still to be confirmed.