Today shall be another day to celebrate as Facebook has officially released it’s iPad app! It looks really similar to the one leaked 3 months ago.
The iPad app also gets it own page on Facebook website!
As expected, in the app we can see a navigation sidebar on the left side of the screen to search, open your Facebook profile, check out the News Feed, Messages, Events, Friends and more. Upper toolbar gives you access to friend requests, messages and notifications. Chat has been integrated in a right hand vertical panel.
A New Way to Experience Facebook
– Enjoy bigger, better photos: Your photos take on new life on the iPad. They’re big, high-res and easy to flip through—like a real photo album.
– Focus on what matters: With less on the screen, it’s easier to zoom in on your friends’ photos, updates and stories.
– Navigate anywhere, fast: Just tap, slide or pinch to get from one screen to another and back again in no time.
– Never lose your place: Use simplified navigation to send a message, see your notifications or browse your bookmarks without switching screens.
– Play games on the go: Play your favorite Facebook games wherever you are, and on a bigger screen.
– Tap to send messages: A simple dropdown menu makes it easy to scan and send messages without visiting your inbox.
On another note, the Facebook app is actually universal, hence the iPhone version has been updated as well.
With improved search and browsing, the facebook.com features you use most are now just a touch away. It’s a faster, fuller Facebook for iPhone.
– Games & Apps: Play games and access your favorite apps on the go
– Navigation: Send a message or see your notifications from any screen, and swipe to browse Facebook without losing your place in News Feed
– Bookmarks: Your groups, pages and apps are all in your left-hand menu, and the ones you use most are right on top
– Search: Search for anything on Facebook—people, apps, pages and more—without having to click around or switch views
– Security: We’ve added a few updates to make the app more secure
NOTE: The Facebook app might crash or takes a long time to load when you first open the new Facebook app. Solution: delete the Facebook app on your iPhone and reinstall.