This is the day we’ve all been waiting for.. well at least for Android fans.
Google and Samsung have just officially announced the Samsung Galaxy Nexus in Hong Kong just a few hours ago.
The specs for this machine is super awesome. Here goes:
– 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED screen
– 1280×720 resolution display
– powered by Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)
– 1.2GHz dual-core processor
– 5 megapixel rear camera (with LED flash), a 1.3 megapixel front-facing cam
– 1080p video recording and playback
– Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, embedded NFC module, accelerometer, compass, gyro, proximity sensor and even a barometer —
– 1GB of RAM, 16 or 32GB of internal storage space and a 1,750mAh battery
One of the selling point for this device is speed. It has HSPA+ model on tap, while an LTE version will “be available depending on region.”
According to Google, Android 4.0 will bring “an entirely new look and feel to Android,” with a redesigned user interface, multitasking, notifications, NFC support and a new People app, which enables users to browse friends and family with their status messages from Google+.
Ice Cream Sandwich also introduces Face Unlock, Android Beam, an NFC-based technology that allows you to “quickly share webpages, apps and YouTube videos by simply tapping two phones together.”
Check out this video below for some demonstrations.