Kevin Rose from Digg and Diggnation started a new company called Milk and their new app, Oink is now available in the App Store. The app is available for both the iPhone and iPad and allows you to ‘rate and rank things around you’ instead of just checking into places and does nothing after that. In other words, the app takes a Foursquare check-in approach, but focuses on ranking a product inside of a business rather than checking into the actual business.
Oink is an easy way to rate and rank the things around you. Instead of just rating places, you rate the items inside. You could easily find the most popular items on a menu and see if a friend has tried anything there. Then if there’s something you like, it’s just a single press to rate it and share it with friends.
What you can do with Oink:
• Rate items around you and share with your followers
• See all the cool stuff your friends and other users are Oinking
• Find the best things in town (e.g. Best “Pizza” in Denver)
• Find the items at a place (e.g., Best roller coasters at Six Flags)
• Build “cred” in your areas of interest
• Share your Oink activity on Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare
Why not we let Kevin Rose tell you about the app himself.