As some of you may or may not know, the Nokia N9 new firmware (PR1.1) has been released to the public few weeks ago. Many has been trying to get the update via firmware over the air (FOTA) but seems like it’s not available there yet. The only option now is to get the update via Nokia Software Updater.
All you need to do is just click on the link, type in “N9” as your phone model, scroll down and download the Nokia Software Updater. Once it’s installed on your PC, plug in your N9 and you will see this screen below:
You can then install the new firmware from there.
The following new features and updating options are available for your Nokia N9 when you upgrade to v20.2011.40-4.
– NFC tag reading
– Music controls on lock screen
– Photo and video shooting with colour filters
– More powerful multitasking
– Swype for faster typing
– Faster MfE, syncing only the active folders
– Noise cancellation reduces background noise so your friends hear you better
– Swipe down to close apps easily; now on by default
– New notifications for the standby screen, such as charging and calendar
– Multiple smaller improvements to operating system
Let’s take a look at some of the more obvious features in this new firmware.
To enable swype, go to settings > time and language > text input > enable Swype.
To switch between normal keyboard and Swype, just swipe the keyboard from the edge of the screen and the next keyboard layout will appear.
We can finally send Twitpics! The ‘add photo to tweet’ button is now placed at the tweet compose screen in the Twitter app.
LOCKSCREEN MUSIC CONTROL
Music player can now be controlled from the lockscreen with the new music controls.
CAMERA COLOUR FILTER
To enable live colour filter on camera, go to camera settings > colour filter.