Google has recently launched a complete redesign of its official Search app for iPhone, which is now version 2.0.
The app now has a new start screen with options to sign in, search, Goggles and access Google apps. There’s also a shortcut to settings and a toggle to switch between search results and the search field.
When you tap on ‘apps’ you will get to search from Google apps available online, or those which you have installed in your phone.
New for the iPhone
– Complete redesign
– Improved speed: get to search results faster
– Beautiful full-screen image search
– Swipe away webpages to quickly return to search results
– Search within a webpage using the built in text finder
– Easily switch between images, places, news, and more
– Fast access to Google apps like Gmail, Calendar, Docs and more
The options to search using voice or Goggles were already there since the earlier versions of the app, but according to Google, they are now faster and more accessible thanks to the new interface