Google has just released an official ‘Calendar’ app on the Play Store. It’s basically an improved version of the Calendar app which comes pre-installed on Android devices.
The Calendar app displays events from each of your Google Accounts that synchronizes with your Android device. You can also:
– Create, edit, and delete events.
– View all your calendars at the same time, including non-Google calendars.
– Quickly email all event guests from a notification with a customizable message.
Month and week view. Users can now pinch-to-zoom and enlarge the entries on the calendar for easy viewing.
More features of the new Calendar app:
– Snooze events directly from a notification if you’re not quite ready and want to be reminded later.
– Use predefined messages to send quick “I’ll be late” updates to your event participants directly from the notifications or the event itself (of course, you can always write your own).
– Pinch to zoom in and out of a day.
– Set a home time zone to help you manage your time better when traveling.
Users can now RSVP to Facebook events as well via the ‘more detailed’ screen of a particular Facebook calendar entry.
Try it now if you have an Android device. Note that this app comes with a new Calendar widget as well 😀