They knew Twitter will be releasing a set of photo filters today. In order to steal a part of the limelight, Instagram also rolled out a new filter called ‘Willow’ along with some camera & interface update.
What’s new for iOS:
– Instagram-themed shutter & shutter release button.
– A preview of the most recent photo on your camera roll.
– Improved Camera Roll image selector (iPhone 5 only) for quick access to your last photograph.
– Optional grid guide for live photos and a permanent grid guide for the scale & crop screen.
– Speed and reliability improvements.
What’s new for Android:
New filter, ‘Willow’: Willow is a monochrome filter with subtle purple tones and a translucent glowing white border. This filter works well on portraits, still life and architecture photographs with contrast.
– News Feed redesign that’s easier to digest, in addition to larger images.
– Beautiful new welcome screen design.
– Infinite scroll on user profiles and other grid views.
– Filtered photos are now saved to a separate album called “Instagram” in the iOS camera roll.
– Foursquare button on location pages that opens the Foursquare application, or mobile website, with details about the venue.
Get Instagram on iTunes AppStore & Google Play Store now!