Nokia just announced their latest member of the Asha family, the Asha 210. It’s a device with QWERTY keyboard and a dedicated button for WiFi and WhatsApp.
The Asha 210 will not only support WhatsApp but Facebook and Twitter as well. Users can access to WhatsApp with a tap of a button and can begin chatting in a matter of seconds.
Just like other Asha devices, the 210 comes in Single and Dual-SIM variants, with Nokia’s Easy-Swap technology to allow you to change SIM cards on the go. You don’t even have to switch the phone off to change the SIM in the slot on the side.
Another feature that surprised us was the voice guided self-shot feature. The camera comes with smart imaging software that boasts the latest talents. The self-portrait feature gives you voice-guidance on where to point to make sure your face is in the frame. And once you’ve taken your shot, you can edit images directly in the camera app.
– System: GSM/EDGE 900/1800 (Single and Dual SIM), 850/1900 (Single SIM only)
– User Interface: Series 40
– Camera: 2mpx
– Dimensions: 111.5 x 60 x 11.8 mm
– Weight: 97.3 g
– Display: 2.4-inch QVGA (320×240), up to 65k colors
– Memory: Up to 64MB, support for up to 32GB microSD card
– Connectivity: WiFi, EGPRS multislot class 32; Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR; MicroUSB
The Asha 210 will come in yellow, cyan, black, magenta and white. It will cost about USD72 before taxes.. so that’s around RM250. It will be available starting end of Q2 this year.