NEWS: Samsung Galaxy S4 Catches Fire, Burns Down Apartment

We’ve seen electronic devices catch fire before but they were just minor cases. This one is massive! A Samsung Galaxy S4 was reportedly caught fire and burned down an entire apartment in HongKong.

According to Du, the device was an official Samsung product—no 3rd party accessories or components. The device wasn’t even charging, Du said, meaning it just exploded without provocation.

Samsung is aware of this incident and said that they are looking into the matter, and will perform a chemical analysis of the burnt device.

According to Du, his S4’s battery suddenly burst into flames—and that’s when things went downhill. Du unwisely reacted by chucking the blazing handset under a couch, making the whole situation worse. In a matter of seconds, the fire spread from Du’s S4 to his entire apartment.

Source