Sony Mobile today announced the availability of its new flagship device, the Xperia Z1 in Malaysia.
The elegant, 5” Xperia Z1 is the latest addition to Sony’s premium Z series of products and brings Sony’s proven world-class technologies to the smartphone like never before – including the very best of Sony’s camera expertise.
Xperia Z1 at a glance
– Sony’s “G Lens”: A lens with F2.0 and wide angle 27mm as well as 3x clear image zoom.
– BIONZ for mobile: Image processing engine with the algorithm from Sony’s leading digital compact cameras. It ensures pictures have less noise, fast auto-focus as well as high stable images for video shooting, preventing shots from being blurred.
– 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile CMOS image sensor with 20.7MP: high sensitivity sensor capturing huge amounts of detail for sharp, crisp images, even in low-light conditions.
– Full HD TRILUMINOS Display for mobile powered by X-Reality for mobile engine for the ultimate viewing experience
– Dust and water-resistant (IP55 & IP58)
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core 2.2 Ghz processor, 3000 mAh battery, 4G LTE
– Memory: RAM 2 GB, Flash memory up to 16 GB, Expansion slot microSD™ card, up to 64 GB
The Xperia Z1 will be available starting 4 October in a choice of black, white and purple colour finishes at a recommended retail price of RM2,399. For a limited time, the device will come bundled with the Magnetic Charging Dock DK31.
From October to December, consumers who purchase the Xperia Z1 will be able to enjoy three months of free music streaming powered by Akazoo, a social media music app which comes preloaded in the device. Users will have unlimited social music listening with access to a huge catalogue of tracks during the promotional period*.
In addition, Xperia Z1 users will be able to download up to six movies for free** through Movies Privilege, available through the Xperia Privilege app that is also preloaded in the device.