LG has officially announced that they will also be releasing a curved OLED screen phone, similar to the Galaxy Round, announced by Samsung just recently.
The LG G Flex, a smartphone curved to follow the contour of the face, the first device to offer such a design in the smartphone market. The latest device in LG’s premium G Series, the G Flex incorporates proprietary innovations from other LG companies in the form of the display and battery that have never been seen before. The LG G Flex also boasts new user experience (UX) features that take advantage of the curved form factor.
“The LG G Flex is the best representation yet of how a smartphone should be curved,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “The LG G Flex with its distinctive design, innovative hardware and consumer-centric UX represents the most significant development in the smartphone space since smartphone became part of our regular vocabulary.”
Key Specifications (Korean Version):
– Chipset: 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800 (MSM 8974)
– GPU: Adreno 330, 450MHz
– Display: 6-inch HD (1280 x 720), Curved P-OLED (Real RGB)
– Memory: 2GB LP DDR3 RAM / 32GB eMMc
– Camera: Rear 13.0MP / Front 2.1MP
– Battery: 3,500mAh (embedded)
– Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
– Size: 160.5 x 81.6 x 7.9 – 8.7mm
– Weight: 177g
– Network: LTE-A / LTE / HSPA+ / GSM
– Connectivity: BT 4.0 / USB 3.0 compatible / WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) / NFC
– Color: Titan Silver
– Other: TDMB / Hi-Fi 24bit, 192kHz Playback
The LG Flex will be available in Korea starting in November through all three major local carriers. Availability in additional markets will be announced thereafter.