Facebook has just released a new app called ‘Notify’ which provides notifications about things you care about, like sports news, celebrity updates, news, movies news, music, shopping, and more.
A quick glance at a notification on your lock screen keeps you effortlessly connected to things you care about throughout the day. Whether you’re into sports, movies, news, food, celebrities, or a bit of everything, Notify delivers notifications that matter from the sources you love all in one place.
– Select “stations” you’re interested in to get updates on those topics.
– Get station suggestions for notifications based on your Facebook profile.
– Swipe or tap through any notification to read the full article, load the site, or watch the video.
– Share favorite notifications with friends via text, email, Facebook or other social networks.
– Swipe to add a notification to your Saved list if you want to remember it for later.
– Stay up to date with a feed of all the notifications you’ve received in the last 24 hours.
– Easily discover and add new “stations” anytime.
Some examples of stations include:
● The Final Scores station from FOX Sports provides end-of-game summaries for your favorite teams.
● The Daily AM Forecast station from The Weather Channel sends a local weather forecast at the start of your day.
● Hot New Trailers from Fandango gets you the newest trailers for the hottest movies as they drop.
● Breaking News from CNN and Top Stories from Fox News deliver the day’s news headlines.
● The 10 Best Dressed station from Vogue is your weekly digest of the best-dressed celebs.
● Daily Mediation from Headspace brings bite-sized guided meditation exercises into your day.
● The Flashback station from Getty Images delivers iconic imagery from this day in history.
If you don’t see Notify in your App Store, that probably means it’s coming. So be patient 😀