Just yesterday, Facebook announced that Android users can now log in to Messenger with multiple accounts on a shared device.
At Messenger, we want to make communication simpler, more seamless and secure, so we are happy that we have now launched a feature on Android that enables multiple people to log in and use Messenger from a single, shared device.
The beauty of this new feature is that your messages stay completely private.
Anyone else who shares the device will just see the number of notifications of messages that you have, but they will never be able to see the content of your messages.
Here’s how to enable multi accounts feature:
– In the Messenger for Android settings, look for a section called ‘Accounts’.
– Add the accounts related to each person – signing up with Messenger takes only a few steps, and you don’t need to be on Facebook.
– The first time someone switches from another account on a phone to their account, we will require a password. After this, the user can choose whether to always require a password.
– In just three steps, you can move between accounts, and your private messages will always remain just that – private. It’s as simple as that.
– Of course if you want to stop sharing a phone, it’s simple to remove your account from that particular device.