Today at Mobile World Congress 2016, LG announces their latest flagship device, the G5. The new smartphone breaks out from the usual LG signature outlook and it’s not only sleek, made of metal uni-body, but also features a slide-out battery with modular type design which allows swappable components to be attached to the bottom of the phone.
Touted first smartphone with modular design, this means that the G5 can be transformed into a digital camera or a hi-fi player depending on which modular component is attached, while still having a removable battery.
LG CAM Plus
The LG CAM Plus is a camera module that can be attached through the battery slot to deliver a comfortable grip and convenient control of a standalone camera. The LG CAM Plus provides physical buttons for power, shutter, record, zoom, LED indicator and comfortable grip. It also offers intuitive auto focus and exposure lock, features usually found on standalone digital cameras. When attached to the LG G5, it provides an additional battery capacity of 1,200mAh to allow for longer shooting times for more fun and enjoyment.
LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY
The LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY is a portable Hi-Fi DAC audio player developed with B&O PLAY to provide top-notch sounds that have traditionally only been available through high-end audio devices. The 32-bit Hi-Fi DAC upsampling technology first introduced on the LG V10, LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY also supports 32-bit 384KHz high-definition audio playback. LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY can be used either as a module with the LG G5 or as a separate Hi-Fi DAC by connecting to any smartphone or PC.
2 more noteable features of the LG G5:
– 2 cameras on the back: one with a standard 78-degree lens and another with a 135-degree wide angle lens allowing switching between standard or wide angle view.
– Always-on display makes notifications just a glance away with the time, date and more available anytime without waking the G5 screen.
– Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 Processor
– Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 554ppi)
– Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB UFS ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Camera: Rear Standard 16MP, Wide 8MP / Front 8MP
– Battery: 2,800mAh (removable)
– OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
– Colors: Silver / Titan / Gold / Pink
The LG G5 will be available globally from the beginning of April.