Just few hours ago, Samsung unveiled their new flagship devices, the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
“We believe in a world that is brighter, sharper, more convenient, and more fun. We strive to deliver on that vision with the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge by marrying elegant design with functionality and providing a seamless mobile experience,” said DJ Koh, President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics.
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge introduce the first Dual Pixel camera on a smartphone, delivering brighter and sharper images, even in low light. With Dual Pixel technology, brighter lens with wider aperture, and bigger pixel, the camera has a faster shutter speed and a more accurate autofocus even in low-light conditions.
The 5.1″ Galaxy S7 and 5.5″ Galaxy S7 edge are constructed with 3D glass and metal. The screen also comes with Always-On Display, providing useful information without the need to waking up the screen.
The devices are also water and dust resistance.
– Display: [S7] 5.1” Quad HD Super AMOLED 2560 X 1440 (577ppi), [S7 edge] 5.5” Quad HD Super AMOLED 2560 X 1440 (534ppi) Edge Screen
– Memory: 4GB RAM (LPDDR4), 32/64GB (UFS 2.0) + microSD (up to 200GB)
– Camera: Rear – Dual Pixel 12MP (F1.7), Smart OIS / Front – 5MP (F1.7)
– Battery: [S7] 3,000mAh, [S7 edge] 3,600mAh, Fast Charging both on wired and wireless
– OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge will be available starting mid-March 2016.