Dear Apple Watch users. Have you ever wanted a feature on the watch that alerts you when you leave the iPhone behind or when someone steals your iPhone? Well, now you can with this new app called ‘Lookout’.
Lookout keeps your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and everything on them, safe and secure. Lookout is the best way to protect your precious iOS devices from data loss, theft and other threats that put your personal information at risk.
Notable features of Lookout:
– Locates your lost iPhone or iPad from anywhere, on any Internet-connected device
– Automatically saves your device’s location before it runs out of battery
– Backs up your contacts automatically
– Notifies you if you have an out-of-date or insecure version of iOS
– Shows you the distance between your iPhone and Apple Watch, and notifies you if they’re about to lose connection.
So let’s just say, you iPhone has been stolen, you can quickly log into lookout.com to:
– Locate your lost or missing device on a map from Lookout.com
– Sound a loud alarm to find your lost device if you think it’s nearby (even if you left it on silent!)
– Display a custom ‘lost’ message on your iPhone or iPad screen, complete with contact details, to get your device back faster!
– Call your missing device over the web from any web browser, in case you don’t have another phone nearby. Note: this feature is only available if you do not have a passcode on your device.
– Access your backed up contacts
– Download your contacts to transfer to a new device
– Manage multiple devices from one account